Take a look behind the scenes at Lotem Winery — one of the only organic wineries in Israel available exclusively in the United States through Israeli Good Wine.
Situated in Galilee with vineyards in the Upper Galilee and biodynamic vineyards in the Golan, Lotem doesn't just take care in the vineyard, but their clean practices extend through the whole life of their winemaking. Grapes after crushing listen to frequency-infusing music during fermentation, barreling, and bottling.
Hear the unique perspective of Yaniv Kimchi, founder of Lotem Winery, on why Lotem is so original and how they became an innovator in the Israeli winemaking scene.
Here’s a glimpse at what you’ll see in the video and if you feel like you want to skip ahead to a certain part, you certainly can!
- 1:05 - An intro to the conversation with Yaniv at Lotem Winery
- 1:46 - The philosophy behind why organic at Lotem and an explanation about why they play music over the wine
- 3:07 - About organic wine in Israel
- 4:00 - Specifics about the organic and biodynamic vineyards
- 5:10 - A note about the clean and quality wines at Lotem
- 5:40 - The winemaker’s approach and how Lotem is different than other wineries in Israel
- 8:28 - About Allegro, a red wine blend from Lotem
- 9:40 - What Yaniv sees for the future of the wine
- 11:20 - About the location of the winery and the geography surrounding
- 12:33 - Yaniv’s favorite music to play over the wines